Innov8 Services Ltd: DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
INNOV8 SERVICES LTD LAWFUL BASIS FOR DATA COLLECTION:
Legitimate Interests (GDPR point (f) of Article 6(1)): the processing of your data is a vital part of the company as it allows us to contact you to provide you with relevant and important information so that you can advance you career. In the case of a person under the age of the 16, the parent/guardian's information is gathered so that we contact them with the relevant information and not the child, to satisfy child protection law. However, as we require some basic information about the child, the child has a right to be informed of how and why their data is being used and so we invite them to read this data protection notice.
HOW WILL THIS EFFECT YOU?
We will use the provided details to contact you regarding your application with important information and any details you will need to know to advance your career.
WHO WILL MY DATA BE SHARED WITH?
Data will only be held inside of Innov8 services Ltd. No other 3rd party companies will be sent the data, however, participants should be aware that the information will be stored on servers belonging to 3rd party companies, the security of which are maintained by that company and not Innov8 services Ltd. Therefore, that company are liable in the case of a data protection breach and not Innov8 services Ltd. We endeavour to ensure the security of our website to ensure the protection of your data, however in the case of a security breach we are responsible for that security. The security of emails containing data is the responsibility of the company providing the email service and not that of Innov8 services Ltd. If the security of our website is compromised, or if we receive notification from companies we use that their security may have been compromised and we suspect a data leak has occurred, we will contact all persons who may have been effected by the data leak. If the security of our site is compromised, we will launch an investigation into the attack and the appropriate authorities will be notified in the case of a criminal offence which includes the illegal accessing of competitors data.
HOW WILL MY DATA BE USED?
Data will only be used for the purposes of contacting the applicant or applicants' parent/guardian in the case of persons under the age of 16.
WHY IS MY DATA BEING COLLECTED?
This data is required for the applicant to be contacted. We will need to contact you to provide relevant information. The forms we use require 6 areas of data collection they are: 1. Full Name, 2. Email, 3. Phone Number, 4. Age/Date of Birth, 5. Location, 6. Images of the competitor. The competitors Full Name is required so that they can be identified and receive information relevant to them. The applicant or applicant's parent/guardian's Email and Phone Number are stored so that they can be contacted so that we can provide relevant information. The applicants Age/Date of Birth is required so that appropriate information can be supplied. The applicants location is required so that they can placed in the appropriate location category. Finally, the images of an applicant are required to verify the identity of the applicant.
HOW IS MY DATA COLLECTED?
Data is collected through our online competition submission forms and/or contact forms. Data is not collected autonomously and is not collected without the explicit permission of the person(s) involved.
WHO IS COLLECTING MY DATA?
Innov8 Services Ltd collects and stores all data within our database, however files are stored on 3rd party company servers.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- and the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including
- The right to be informed guarantees that we will notify you at any point at which we will be gathering data from you, (i.e our online submission forms include a notification statement, as well as a check box which allows you to give permission for the data you have provided to be stored and used by us for the purposes of the business under our legitimate interests. However, as we only gather information vital to the applicant participating in the competition, we unfortunately cannot provide the competitor with the right of individual consent for specific data points, (i.e we need you to give permission for all fields not just for your full Name for example) although there are some points which you are able to opt out of which are not notated with a star. As our legal basis is legitimate interests, in the case that you do not wish to provide your data, it will unfortunately mean you will not be able to submit your application, as we will not be able to provide you with the relevant information.
- The right of access gives you the right to access any data that we hold on you at any time. If you wish to find out what data we currently store on you, don't hesitate to send us an email and we will send back any relevant data we hold.
- The right of rectification gives you the right to correct any incorrect data we hold on you. I.e if your name is incorrect, simply send us an email with a request to change it and we will update your data.
- The right to erasure gives you the right to require us to delete any data we hold on you on your request. If you wish us to remove any data we hold on you, send us a request via email and we will delete all data relevant to you.
- The right to restrict processing allows you the right to restrict what data we collect on you. However, in the case of the ALBA, it is deemed that the collected data is a targeted and proportionate way of achieving the purpose of allowing the applicant to be contacted for the purposes of the business. Therefore, we require all data that we request to be processed and unfortunately, as we cannot contact you without it, you will not be able to apply without giving permission for the processing of all data requested.
- The right to data portability gives you the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without effecting its usability. This right only applies to information you have provided. Simply email us a request and we have the sufficient capability to transfer your data to your requested location with a secure method.
- The right to object gives you the right to object to us gathering your data. At the end of all our submission forms we include a check box for this purpose, if you wish to object to the gathering of your data, simply leave the check box unchecked and none of the data you have entered will be stored. It will, however, not allow you to submit your application for the reasons discussed above.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling gives you the right to not be subject to decisions solely made by automated means without any human involvement (automated decision-making), and to not be subject to automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain things about an you (profiling). Innov8 services Ltd does not undertake either of these practices and so users and applicants will not be subject to either.
- Finally, if you have any other questions about the use of your data, please don't hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you feel we are not satisfying our data protection responsibilities, please do not hesitate to contact us or submit a complaint to the ICO so that we can make sure we protect our applicants.